If you are seeing annoying ads while using Gmail, the here is how to block ads in Gmail mobile and web application easily.
Google has provided its services like Gmail, Google Search, YouTube, Drive etc. for free since. One thing to notice here is that we will be seeing advertisement while using these services. People use Google to advertise their products and services through Google Ads and those advertisements appears withing Google Search and other applications.
Also Read: How to remove Instagram logins from unknown devices and protect your account
Some people may find this annoying and recently the amount of ads appearing in Gmail have increased. Gmail has been very common and most people who use internet will be using Gmail to send emails daily. The app got its popularity due to the simple interface and easy to use functionalities. If you have created a specific category for the emails in Gmail, then there will be ads present in it. There are built in options inside Gmail to block those ads and let’s check some of the steps to follow to block ads inside Gmail
This process can be used on both Android and iPhones, as it is specific to the Gmail app installed in all phones.
Block ads in Gmail mobile application
- Unlock your iPhone or Android phone and open Gmail application
- Open the application and to see ads in Gmail, you should find a specific category like “Promotions”.
- Click on Promotions and you will have ads listed on this page.
- These ads come as an email in your inbox, and It’s hard to find. Ads in Gmail will have “Ad” tag added to them.
- When opened, you will feel it like a normal email.
- To block that add from your Gmail inbox. Click on the three dots on the right side of that ad.
- When you click on the dots, you will see another menu appear.
- Click on “Stop seeing this ad” button.
- One done, you will be asked for the reason to block the ad.
- Select the appropriate option and click “Submit” and you are done.
Also Read: How to lock WhatsApp with Face ID on iPhone
How to block ads in Google account on web
The process to do this is simple, and it will help to block personalized ads in your Google account. Following are the steps.
- Open a browser and go to Google and login.
- Click on your profile image at the top right of the browser window.
- You will see a menu appear, click on “Manage your Google account” button.
- You will be redirected to a page showing all your account details.
- In the left sidebar, click on “Data and Privacy” button.
- Scroll down and find “Personalized Ads” section.
- Click on “My Ads Center” button.
- On the resulting page, “Personalized Ads” will be ON by default.
- Click on it and then click “Turn OFF” on the popover that appears.
Other solution that you can try is using Adlock application. It works well in all platforms and will help you to block ads.
Also Read: How to automatically delete watch history and search on YouTube