Here is how to convert video to audio using iMovie on Mac. iMovie is a built-in video editor tool available on Mac which can be used to create movies.
There are many apps available in Apple App Store which can be used to convert a video to audio. There are free versions and also paid apps which makes this process easy. iMovie is a native app available in App Store which is free and can be used to create movies by merging video and audio.
Also Read: How to stop battery drain in Apple Watch
iMovie provides various other options like adding custom effects and text on a video. On macOS, there are no native apps to convert a video to audio. Using iMovie, we can do it easily. Following are some steps to follow to convert any video to audio.
Also Read: How to take screenshot on Apple Watch
One thing to notice here is the format of the audio file after conversion. Video files covered to audio files will have an output format of mp3, AAC, WAV etc. If you have not used iMovie before or do not have the app installed on your Mac, you may need to download it from the App store.
How to download iMovie on Mac
- Boot up your MacBook or Mac PC and click on “App Store” icon from the dock.
- Once the App Store opens, search for iMovie on the search bar.
- Click get and install the app. Once installed, the app will appear in the finder or launchpad.
- Find the app icon and open it.
- Create a new movie.
Also Read: How to record calls on WhatsApp on any phone
How to convert video to audio using iMovie
To convert Video to mp3, WAV, AAC format using iMovie, follow the steps below.
- Open iMovie and create a movie.
- Add a new project by clicking on “New Project” from file menu.
- Click on import media button.
- Select a media that you want to convert to mp3, WAV or AAC format.
- Once the media is imported, drag and drop the media to the bottom section of the screen.
- Now to export and convert the video to audio, click on the share button at the top right of the screen.
- On clicking the button, you will see a menu showing different options to export. Click on “Export file” button.
- A new popover will appear showing the format to export the file.
- Select the needed format from mp3, WAV or AAC and click next.
Wait for some time and your video will now be converted to audio.