Here is how to find and recover deleted messages on iPhone. Messages that are deleted in iPhone can be restored with these methods.
Even if we have instant messaging apps like WhatsApp and Telegram, still we get important SMS every day. When it comes to bank transactions and one time passwords, this information is received as normal messages. People nowadays send less number of SMS compared to instant messages through apps, but they are really important.
Once in a while, we check through SMS messages and delete unwanted once to remove any promotional messages or unwanted SMS that we receive. It could happen as we delete important messages by mistake when we select and delete multiple messages. After we delete and do a search, we come to know that, the message that was deleted is needed. In that case, we need to recover it. Following are some steps that you can follow to recover deleted messages in iPhone.
How to find and recover deleted messages on iPhone
The process of finding and recovering deleted messages is easy on iPhone. In iOS, once a message is deleted, you can recover it for 30 days after that the messages become permanently deleted. Recovery after that is not possible.
Make sure you have iCloud backup setup on your iPhone so that all messages and data are backed up regularly.
- Unlock your iPhone and open iMessages app.
- In the home screen of the message app, scroll down and find the “Recently deleted”.
- Here you will find all the deleted messages.
- If you have a long list of messages, find the message that you want to recover.
- Click on the checkbox to the left of the message.
- Press the “Recover” button shown at the bottom right.
- Now, the deleted message is recovered and, it will appear back on your main message list.
If you have deleted the messages from “Recently deleted” section as well, it will be hard to recover it back. One possible way to recover is from iCloud if you have regularly backed up iPhone.
Here is how to back up your iMessages to iCloud
Apple provide free 5 GB storage for any account user, and this space can be used to back up important information. Messages that we receive will have essential information, and creating a backup will be handy in cases as mentioned above.
Follow the steps below to back up messages on iPhone to iCloud
- Open settings app.
- Click on the profile image shown at the top.
- Find iCloud on the list and click on it.
- In the resulting page you will find all the backups happening.
- Click on “Show All” button under Apps using iCloud section.
- Here you will see “Messages”.
- Click on it and turn on “Sync this iPhone” switch.
From now all the messages will be stored to iCloud and you can find them even after it has been deleted from your phone.