Here is how to hide Photos, Videos and Albums in iPhone easily. Also know the process to see and unhide photos in iPhone photos app.
If you want to hide some personal photos or albums in iPhone, then you can do it easily by following the steps below. You do not need any specific app to do it, as it comes as a built-in feature in your iPhone. Make sure you have downloaded the latest version of iOS in your phone to use it.
Apple has always concentrated on privacy and security, and this option is a good addition to it. With this feature, you can either hide a specific photo, video or group of photos easily from the photos app. Following are the steps to do it.
How to Hide Photos and Albums in iPhone
- Unlock your iPhone
- Go to photos app.
- Here you will see all the photos listed.
- Long press any photo, video or select multiple photos.
- Once photos are selected, long press any selected photo, and you will see a menu appear.
- In that menu, you will see a “hide” option.
- Now you will see a message asking for confirmation to hide the photos with the number of photos selected.
- Click on the “Hide” button and your photos will be removed from the Photos app in iPhone.
- The photos are not deleted but hided from the list.
To bring back the hidden photos, follow the steps below.
How to see hidden photos, videos and albums in iPhone
The process to unhide the photo in iPhone is simple.
- Go to settings app in iPhone
- Scroll and find the “Photos” app.
- Click on the app and search for “Show hidden album” setting.
- Flip the switch ON.
Hidden Album is shown under utilities section in Photos app.
- Clicking on Hidden button will show you all the hidden pictures.
How to unhide a photo, videos and album in iPhone
You may need to follow all steps in the previous section, including a few more.
- Open Settings
- Go to photos app in settings
- Turn on “Show hidden album” switch
- Go to photos app.
- Inside the Albums sections, scroll down to Utilities.
- Click on “Hidden” button.
- All hidden photos will be shown.
- Select the photos to unhide.
- Long press on any selected photo.
- Click on “Unhide” in the resulting menu shown.
- Now the photo or video will appear back in Photos app.
This is a convenient feature to have if you are sharing the phone to another person. While unhiding a photo, the phone asks for face ID authentication, which makes it mode secure.