Here is how to lock WhatsApp with Face ID on iPhone so that you can share your iPhone with others easily without worrying about personal chats.
Instant messaging platforms like WhatsApp have changed the way people communication with each other. Apps like WhatsApp and Telegram have a lot of security and privacy features, which will make using them more secure. People transfer files, videos, documents through WhatsApp nowadays.
Everyone’s WhatsApp account carry very important information like personal photos, bank documents and account information. Also chats to different people you may know. Having sensitive information increases the need to secure the application so that others cannot access it without your permission.
Also Read: How to transfer WhatsApp chat history from one iPhone to another without iCloud
Many cases have happened earlier where kids take their parents phone and open WhatsApp and send messages randomly. This could cause serious issues as they could share your personal information unknowingly or send chats to your friends or office colleagues. To avoid this, in iPhones, we get a specific toggle to lock WhatsApp with the included Face ID biometric authentication. Following are some steps to follow to enable it and make your WhatsApp account secure on your phone.
Also Read: How to setup two WhatsApp account on a phone
After enabling this feature, no one will be able to unlock your phone without your Face ID. This adds an added layer of security, and you can give the phone to your kids or family members or friends without any worries.
How to lock WhatsApp with Face ID on iPhone.
- Unlock your iPhone
- Open WhatsApp
- Click on settings button at the bottom bar.
- You will see the settings page here.
- Scroll down to “Privacy” and click on it.
- Now in the Privacy page, at the bottom, you will find “Screen lock” feature
- If you have enabled Face ID on your iPhone. Clock on the screen lock button.
- In the next page, turn on the switch shown.
- You will be shown with the delay you want to add before the screen is locked.
- Select an option from Immediately, 1 minute, 15 minute or 1 hour.
- Once selected, click the back button at the top.
Now your screen lock is active and WhatsApp will ask for Face ID verification when your iPhone screen goes off and turns back ON with WhatsApp open.
Also Read: Best ways to integrate ChatGPT with WhatsApp
Advantages of locking WhatsApp on iPhone
There are many advantages and I had mentioned some earlier. Following are some major advantages of screen lock on WhatsApp
- You can share your device with anyone without worrying about your personal chats.
- Documents and sensitive information remains secure
- As payments can be done through WhatsApp now, you can secure your payment information as well.
- If the phone is lost and someone is able to find the password and get into the phone still, he/she may need your face to unlock WhatsApp.
One thing to note is that even after enabling Screen lock in WhatsApp, you will be able to receive calls and send replies through notifications received without Face ID.
Also Read: Share your WhatsApp status to Facebook stories automatically