If your Facebook account is hacked or logged in suspiciously, here is how to logout from Facebook remotely from all unknown devices.
When it comes to social media apps, there is always a risk of an account getting hacked. It is always suggested to keep a track of devices that have been logged in with the account. Facebook being one of the most popular apps, users are always at a risk. Fortunately, we get setting inside Facebook itself, which helps in knowing about the different device that are logged in and can be logged out to avoid any suspicious activity.
This process is really easy and keep your account safe. The same process can be followed on both iOS and Android device.
How to logout from Facebook remotely
- Open the Facebook app on your iPhone to Android phone. Click on your profile picture on the bottom right.
- Scroll down and click on “Settings & Privacy” button. Here you will be able to see all the settings and privacy options on Facebook.
- In the next page, click on “Settings” button.
- You will be redirected to “Meta account Centre” page.
- Click on the “Meta Account Centre” section.
- The resulting page will list all the options and settings in your Facebook account.
- Click on “Password and security” option.
- In the “Password and security page”, there will be an option called “Where you’re logged in”. Click on that.
- On this page, we can find all the devices that are logged in using your account. Click “Review devices” link and then click on “This Wasn’t Me” button on the next page.
- You can log out from unrecognized devices this way.
After finding and logging out from any suspicious devices or unknown logins, it would be good to change the password immediately to make your account secure.
Advantages of logging out from Facebook remotely
All popular social media apps like Instagram, Facebook provides this feature, following are some benefits of it.
- Easily logout from all devices if needed.
- Keep track of unknown logins and devices
- You might have used your Facebook account to login into 3rd party apps, if your account is hacked, all others apps that are used will be in a risk. This feature will help you prevent it.
- This process can be done from any location.