Here is how to schedule an email in Gmail, which will help you to send emails on time to any recipient.
Gmail is one of the simplest emailing platform available on the internet and most people are using it. It comes with a set of unique features that other email services does not offer. Recently, we checked about the password protection that can be used while sending an email though Gmail. Here we will see how to schedule an email in Gmail.
Uses of scheduling an email
In some cases, we may not be able to click the send button on a specified time when we need to send an email. If we are sending an email to a person in another country, the time zone may vary. Scheduling an email will help to send it in the right moment that we need it.
This will come handy in certain cases like sending a wish at a specific time or sending an urgent email to a client at a time when they are online. People use this feature for different needs. Let’s see how we can schedule an email in Gmail easily.
Things to consider before scheduling an email in Gmail
The option to schedule email is good, but you need to consider some important points here, else there could be problems.
- Before scheduling an email, all the content should be checked thoroughly.
- Once scheduled, the mail will be sent on time, if any edits or additions are needed, it should be done before the time.
- You cannot edit the email once the time has passed.
- Recipient email address should be checked before scheduling.
How to schedule an email in Gmail
To schedule an email in Gmail, follow the steps given below.
- Open the Gmail App in your iPhone or Android. The process is similar in both phones.
- Click on the “Compose” button shown in the bottom right corner.
- Enter the recipient email address and select the senders email address.
- Enter the subject and body content.
- Do all the needed attachments
- Once all the above process is done, click on the three dots shown on the top right of the app.
- You will see a menu as shown in the picture above.
- Click on the “Schedule Send” button.
- A popover will appear which will show various timings to schedule the email.
- Select the appropriate timings from Tomorrow Morning, Tomorrow afternoon, Monday Morning and also an option will be available for specific date and time.
- Once selected, your email will be scheduled according to the selected time.
If you follow all the steps mentioned above, the email will be sent on time.
Scheduling email is a handy feature for people who regularly send emails. If done correctly, the emails will be sent on the desired time, and you need not worry about anything.