Here is how to transfer your WhatsApp chats without Google Drive directly from one phone to another. This feature is also known as local transfer.
WhatsApp has launched many features recently, including, sharing your status directly to Facebook, Lock chat feature is expected soon to be available for users. Next in the list is to transfer your WhatsApp chat without the use of Google Drive. With the next update, you will be able to transfer the old chats in WhatsApp locally without the user of Google Drive backup. Following are the details and process to do it.
WhatsApp is a bit behind with enabling this feature as its competitor apps like Telegram has it already. If you are a beta tester of WhatsApp, then this feature will be available for you with the next update. Local transfer for chats was long overdue, and WhatsApp was working on the same. In the recent update in the Wabetainfo blog, it is mentioned as the Google Drive backup with restore option will still remain. Here is the process to transfer WhatsApp chat directly to another phone.
Advantages of transferring Chats without the user of Google Drive in WhatsApp
- Faster transfer can be done.
- If you change the phone regularly, then this feature will be really convenient.
- This can help you transfer chats in cases where you have unstable or limited internet connection.
How to Transfer your WhatsApp chats without Google Drive
To transfer chats from WhatsApp to other phone directly, follow the steps below.
- Open WhatsApp in your main phone
- Make sure chats are synced by turning on Wi-Fi and 4G.
- Once all chats are synced and is available in your phone, unlock the new phone and download WhatsApp in it.
- Both phone should have Wi-Fi turned ON as the transfer happens using Wi-Fi direct.
- Go to Setting of WhatsApp in mail phone.
- Click on Chats options. You will be shown with all the options related to chat.
- If you have the latest version of WhatsApp, then there will be a new option called “Chat Transfer”.
- Click on “Chat Transfer”.
- Now you will be shown with a QR core which is needed to be scanned using WhatsApp in your new phone.
- Once the process completes in the new phone, all the chats from the old phone will be transferred to the new phone.
WhatsApp has not confirmed about transferring media using this feature. This feature is available in the beta version 188.8.131.52 of WhatsApp and expected to go live soon. Having this feature will make using WhatsApp in multiple phones easier.