If you are not sure on how to use Apple logo on an iPhone as a button, then here is a complete guide on the settings to be done.
All iPhones in the market come with an Apple logo at the back. With iOS there are many hidden features and here we are going to check a feature like that which will come handy. Back tap is a feature that most of the iPhone users may be unaware of. It comes as a touch feature inside the accessibility settings on iOS.
Using this feature, we can add certain more buttons to iPhone. The Apple logo looks great on the back of any iPhone, but if it adds a functionality, it will be great. Some of the essential options on an iPhone are like turning on the flashlight, capturing a screenshot, opening the camera which can be initiated using the Back Tap feature. You can trigger a functionality with double tap or triple tap on the Apple logo at the back of an iPhone.
Also Read: Now user can edit messages sent on WhatsApp
As this feature is not enabled by default, we may need to dig deep into the setting to set it up and use it.
What is the Back Tap feature on iOS and where to find it?
As the name suggest, Back Tap is a kind of gesture which can be triggered by tapping at the back on any iPhone. This is an accessibility feature and can be found inside the accessibility settings on iOS. With this feature, you can trigger various functionalities like
- Turning ON Flashlight
- Opening the Camera
- Capturing screenshot
- Going home screen
- Muting a Call
- Locking the screen
- Activate Siri
- Reduce and Increase volume
The above-mentioned list are some of the common functionalities, but there are many more which you can find in the Accessibility testing if you follow the steps mentioned on the section below. We can also set up shortcuts to run using the Back Tap functionality.
How to use Apple logo on an iPhone as a button
Let’s now check on how to setup Back Tap and use the Apple Logo on the back of an iPhone as a button. Following are the steps.
- Unlock iPhone
- Open the settings app.
- Find Accessibility settings.
- Click on Accessibility settings.
- Under “Physical and Motor” section, click on “Touch” settings.
- Inside “Touch” settings, scroll to the bottom of the page. Here you will find the “Back Tap” option.
- Click on Back Tap and in the resulting page there will be two options called Double Tap and Triple Tap.
- Double tap will activate a functionality of tapping the Apple Logo twice, and Triple tap will activate on tapping the Apple logo 3 times.
- Click on the Double tap option and many functionalities will be listed.
- Select the needed functionality and click back.
- Do the same for triple tap as well.
- Now, when you double tap at the Apple Logo at the back, the selection functionality will run.
One thing to note here is that these gestures will work only when the screen of your phone is ON. Even if you are on the lock screen, the tap gestures can be used.