TP-Link is a brand which has many options available in the market that support LTE sim which you can also use as a primary router. One of which is the TP-Link TL-MR6400. Here we are going to check the TP-Link TL-MR6400 Unboxing and Setup in detail.
Why should you get the TL-MR6400 4G wifi router
If you are searching for the best WiFi router with Sim card slot the TP-link is a brand that you can consider. The TL-MR6400 from TP link is one of the best selling Wifi router with Sim slot.
Features of TL-MR6400
Last update on 2023-03-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The main features of the TL-MR6400 is the 4G connectivity that it provides, we can insert any 4G nano sim card from any operator and share the internet with different devices in our home using WiFi connection.
The speed that this router provides 150Mbps which is great for using this as a primary router even if you cast video and stream games.
High db antennas are present in this router which provides an excellent range inside your home and also the wall penetration features of this router makes this one of the best 4G wifi router.
If you are looking for a router with many LAN and WAN ports then this is the option to consider as this model comes with three 100Mbps Lan ports and one 100Mbps LAN/WAN port which you can use to connect directly to your PC or Gaming consoles to get high speed internet.
Based on the need of the internet speed on various connected devices, this router adapts the signal making the network to lag minimum and get low buffering and lag while loading webpages while you are browsing the internet.
Being a Plug and Play router, your WiFi will be ready by just inserting a Nano sim to the router or connecting a DSL or Cable model to the router. Even while doing setup of the router, you can easily do with the simple interface provided by TP- Link.
With excellent Wifi Signal and also the easy setup process, we can consider this as a good option for Wifi router. Here lets check out TP-link TL-MR6400 Unboxing and Setup in detail.
Advantages of TL-MR6400
- Excellent Wifi Signal
- Cloud control
- Easy Setup
- TP-Link Tether App in iOS and Android
- Budget Price
Now that we have checked some of the Features and also Advantages you may get if you consider getting the Tp-link TL-MR6400 let’s move on to Unboxing and Setup and check whats in the box.
Unboxing of TL-MR6400
- To begin with the Unboxing, the box of the TP-Link TL-MR6400 is a light green colored box which has the image of the router and also some features listed.
- Here you will see the Model number and the Max download speed that you will get from the router that is 300Mbps mentioned
- Also you can see the 4G compatibility and also Qualcomm inside logo for better reliability.
- When it comes to the side we can see the various compatibility and bands that is supported in LTE and 3G networks.
- On Moving down on the same side of the box we can see the QR code fo the apps that you can install from the Apple Appstore and also Google Play store.
- Easy setup instructions are also provided in this side.
- When we go to the back of the box, we can see more details on the features as well as setup.
- Now that we have checked some of the details mentioned on the box let proceed with the Tp-link TL-MR6400 Unboxing and Setup.
- The box comes with a polythene cover which you need to remove to open the box.
- Once the cover is removed we can open the flap from the side of the box and pull out the mould which holds all the content inside the box.
- On pulling out the moulded box out of the main box, we can see the things that we get.
- Main thing here is the router and the antennas at the sides, Power brick, Ethernet cable, Warranty and setup information.
Also Read: 7 Best WiFi 6 Router in India with MIMO and OFDMA
- First we had taken the router outside which is covered with a layer of plastic to protect the glossy plastic.
- At the top part we get the LED lights as indications for router status as well as the LTE signal strength.
- When we check ports, here we get 4 LAN/WAN ports, two ports to connect the antennas and one port to connect the power adapter.
- We can also find the reset button at the back, with the Wifi ON/OFF switch and the main part of the SIM slot that we are looking this router for.
- At the bottom part of the router we can see two hanging points which you can use to hang the router on the wall.
- Other than that we can see the default SSID and password and the serial number of the router which you will need to setup the router.
- After connecting the antenna the router will look like the image shown below.
TP-Link TL-MR6400 Setup
- Now that we have unboxed the router, we can begin with the setup process of the router.
- To begin the process we need to first insert a nano sim to the sim card slot of the router.
- Check the orientation of the SIM before insertion. The notch on the sim should be on the left side or the logo should be on the top.
Also Read: 10 Best Mesh WiFi Router in India in July 2021 With Specifications, Pros and Cons
- Once sim is inserted, the main step is over, now power on the router by connecting the power adapter to the router.
- Initially when the power source is turned on, all the lights on the router will glow and turn off except the power light.
- After the router is on, you should see the Wifi SSD listed in our WIFI setting of the device like Smartphone or Laptop that you are using.
- Connect to the SSID by entering the password provided at the bottom of the router.
- We are in now, if you want to change the setting of the Wifi router we need to enter the admin settings of the router.
- By now you should get the internet connected as the Router automatically configures the APN of the network provider. In case you are still not getting the internet, go to the settings that we are going to discuss below and check of the APN is set according to the router.
- Open any browser and enter the following URL or 192.168.1.1
- Enter an appropriate Password and proceed to next step.
- In the next step, you may need to select the time zone that you are in. Select the time zone and move to next step.
- In the next step, you will see the APN settings.
- Confirm the settings according to the operator and click next.
- In the next step you will be able to configure the SSID and password. Give it according to your need and click next.
- Once you have set the SSID, you will see the new SSID on the WiFi list of the device the you have connected like your phone or laptop.
- Click on the new SSID and you are done with the setup.
If you have followed the above mentioned steps, you can do the setup of TP-Link TL-MR6400 router easily. This is one of the best Wifi router with 4G sim slot, in my personal experience, it provides good range and features which are good to have.